Ranked "Top 30" in parenting blogs to follow!

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Rock'n' The Waiting Game, Rooms with a View, and Resiliency

Of all the issues Elisabeth is facing, one thing very disabling for her is the cyclic vomiting. Today, she is missing her holiday party with her Metzcor family because of  "it." The signs are yawning, gagging, coughing, and she sweats profusely. It happens spontaneously.  It can happen in a car, it can happen near or far.

Her dad knew the minute she was having another episode when he brought coffee in the room for me this morning.  He  could hear  her bringing up whatever she had left in her stomach and went in to begin taking care of her. I stayed in bed sipping  coffee and stared at the dog who was letting me know it was time for his morning walk.

Fortunately, her stomach is empty,  this time, so the clean up is minimal and I  have it down to an art form  layering the pads on her bed and around her neck.  She's sleeping peacefully now with her little "Mona Lisa" smile after cleaning her bed, showering her up, and wrapping her to rock in the chair to comfort her.

As I am holding Elisabeth's  petit  adult body and smelling her fresh shower scent, my eyes wander over to  my windows filled up with sleepy trees, snow, and sunlight filtering though the remaining needles on  my dawn redwoods. It's a lovely view out my window. It has a healing effect on me..

I am part of nature and this creation and I need to have that bond with my creator --  where it starts and when it ends.  And for all my hopes, dreams,  and responsibilities at hand, I draw my strength and resiliency through my windows.

So.

I begin again. I count my blessings and  new beginnings  each day while rocking Elisabeth in our favorite chair as she begins working through her own  creation and recovery.




No comments: