Ranked "Top 30" in parenting blogs to follow!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thank You President Obama & First Lady Michelle Obama

I want to be the first to congratulate you on a job well done. First, thank you for signing the Healthcare law so that my daughter will no longer be discriminated against because of her disability label. I also want to thank you for making it harder for insurance companies to discriminate against families by charging higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions or medical histories.

Secondly, as for responding to the challenges we face as a nation regarding energy consumption and responsible environmental stewardship, I would like to thank you personally for living up to your campaign promise.  I also understand the challenges of economic sustainability so I applaud your efforts here as well.

Third, I would like to say thank you to our First Lady Michelle Obama for taking an interest in our children by educating families about childhood diseases resulting from obesity.  We have so much to teach them about the impact of a healthy diet on their overall development.   I'm also very happy about the little garden you planned for the White House, too. It inspired our family to add  a few more planting beds in our own  back yard so we have more control over what we feed our children.

I am sorry that more people haven't showed gratitude and appreciation for what you've done so far. I can't imagine a single American who will not benefit from the Healthcare law.   I'm hoping that during your second term, we'll see even more improvements in the quality life for all Americans.

 Thank you, again,  for reaching out into the margins and acting on behalf of all people while also keeping focus on the big picture.



Kind regards,
Elisabeth's Mom

No comments: